Sri Ramanujacharya Statue,
Heavenly Stars rarely descend on Earth and Sri Ramanuja was one such human manifestation who lit the path of equality and bhakthi. Born in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, in 1017 A.D, dedicated His entire life for reformism and left no stone unturned in dispelling darkness from the minds and lives of people. His ultimate objective was to inculcate vedic way of life into society. He was a saint who propagated universal brotherhood. He embraced the untouchables and treated them on par with the elite.
- Brought the treasure of Vedic literature to the doorsteps of the common man.
- Advocated the philosophy of Visistadvaitha, qualified monism.
- Dispelled the Mayavada concept, the world is illusionary.
- Became the preceptor of the Bhakthi movement and the source for all other Bhakthi Schools of thought.
- Was an inspiration for mystic poets like Kabir, Meerabai, Annamacharya, Bhaktha Ramdas, Thyagaraja and many others.
- Initiated the concept that Nature and her resources like Water, Air, Soil, Trees etc., are sacred and should be protected from pollution.